PC Anywhere Remote Factory Access
Most UPT machines with enhanced controls built prior to 2006 use PC Anywhere software for facilitating the remote connection. If factory online assistance is desired, contact the service department at the factory to discuss the issue in detail.
If the decision is made to connect to your machine you will need to proceed with the following steps:
- If the machine is over 1 year old and out of warranty, provide a purchase order number or written authorization on the form below. Online charges are $75/hour
- On the HMI PC, open the PC Anywhere program
- Select "Be a Host"
- If the PC utilizes a dialup connection, assure the phone line is connected to the PC
- If the PC connects through the Internet, assure the PC is connected to the Internet
- Contact the service department and advise that the setup is ready and waiting for connection.
- Complete the form below and click "I Agree"
The remote connection allows access to the HMI and PLC software. Note: If the PLC is an Allen Bradley PLC, the activation file (loaded at the factory) must be on the PC before the RS Logix software can be opened. If the activation file has been lost, it will be necessary for the customer to contact www.ab.com to reset the activation file. You must have the original master floppy disk and serial number to use the reset service.
The PC Anywhere software provides an online chat feature. We require someone remain near the PC in case contact is necessary and to provide immediate shutdown (emergency stop) of the machine in case of an emergency.